Notes and quotes from Wisconsin-Cal Poly

Notes:

– Cal Poly’s 42 points against the Badgers was the fewest points for a UW opponent since the Badgers allowed just 44 points in a 54-44 win over Penn State on Feb. 8, 2009.

– Wisconsin hit 13 shots from beyond the arc, marking the most 3-pointers in a game for UW since knocking down 13 on Nov. 16, 2007, against Florida A&M.

– The Badgers set a new season high with eight 3-pointers in the first half. Previously, Wisconsin’s seven treys against Maryland was the high mark of the 2009-10 season.

– Trevon Hughes became he eight player from the Bo Ryan era to top the 1,000 mark for career points. With 20 points Wednesday night, Hughes now has 1,011 for his career.

Quotes:

When asked about what to get Bo Ryan for his upcoming 62nd birthday:

“I’d get him a photo album,” Hughes said. “So he can remember our names and stuff.”

“I’d say keep winning,” guard Jordan Taylor said. “It keeps him happy and it keeps us happy.”

“They covered it,” forward Jon Leuer said.

Cal Poly head coach Joe Callero’s opening comment:

“I think that what you saw was a very, very good Wisconsin basketball team,” Callero said. “I can see how you win games and how yo beat Duke and how yo turn around and, like the other night, beat Marquette. What you saw was a very fatigued and flat Cal Poly team.”

On the Badgers’ consistent offense tonight:

“It was fun because out offense was clicking tonight,” Hughes said. “We’ve been playing as a team. I feel like everybody is moving well, we’ve been playing great defense and, if somebody did get beat, we had help and recovered. I think everyone was on point even though finals are coming down.”

On the game slowing down for him:

“Any time you’ve been playing in a system for two years, that experience helps,” Leuer said. “But right now, I’m just trying to be aggressive and be assertive.”

On Keaton Nankivil’s pass to Jason Bohannon:

“I just told him he wasn’t Joe Montana when (he had) that one pass he tried to hit J-Bo on along the baseline,” Ryan said. “Then I had to ask him after the game, I said, “Do you know who Joe Montana is?” And he actually said yeah. He knew who he was. I was getting a little nervous… at least I didn’t use Norm Van Brocklin, that would’ve really confused him.”