Marlins hitters pummel Parra in rout

parra
Manny Parra allowed 10 runs on 11 hits in just four innings Tuesday at Landshark Stadium.[/media-credit]

MIAMI (AP) — Cody Ross and Dan Uggla hit memorable homers on a night Manny Parra would probably like to forget.

Uggla became the fastest second baseman to 100 homers, and Ross belted a grand slam to help the Marlins beat the Milwaukee Brewers 10-3 Tuesday night.

In his 502nd game as a second baseman, Uggla beat Alfonso Soriano to 100 by 34 games.

“I knew I was going to reach the mark this year, and I knew it would be pretty cool when I did it, but now it’s a relief to get it over with,” Uggla said. “The fastest as my position? That wasn’t brought to my attention until (Monday). It’s pretty special.”

Parra (3-7) gave up 10 runs on 11 hits in four innings. Florida’s three-run third brought a mound visit and tongue lashing from manager Ken Macha.

“In the first inning he strikes out the side with some nasty stuff, the next inning the first hitter gets on and the location leaves him. That pretty much did it,” Macha said.

“I actually felt really good tonight,” Parra said. “That makes it more frustrating.”

Burke Badenhop (4-2) pitched five scoreless innings in relief of Anibal Sanchez, who was making his first start since May 7 because of a sprained shoulder. Sanchez, who came off the disabled list before the game, allowed one run and two hits in three innings.

Hanley Ramirez had three hits, and scored twice before leaving for a pinch runner in the sixth.

Ross keyed a five-run fourth that opened a 10-1 lead with his fourth career slam and second this season.

“Every kid in America … and the Dominican … has dreamt of hitting a grand slam,” Ross said.

Uggla’s two-run shot put Florida up 2-1 in the bottom of the second after Parra’s sacrifice fly scored Jody Gerut, who singled and stole twice.<

Notes: The game started following a 19-minute delay because of storm clouds in the area. … Milwaukee went 16 games without a stolen base before Gerut’s steals. … Florida’s current 11-game homestand is its longest since beginning the second half of the 2006 season with 11 at home.