5 Keys 4 UW

[media-credit name=’BRYAN FAUST/Herald file photo’ align=’alignnone’ width=’648′]MBB_Inside[/media-credit]1. Match their emotion

-The Nittany Lions are reeling from a seven-game losing streak, and there would be no more emphatic way to right the ship than to knock off the No. 4 team in the nation. Penn State will undoubtedly come out with plenty of fire, and Wisconsin must match this intensity.

2. Prevent penetration

-Penn State's two leading scorers, Geary Claxton and Jamelle Cornley, both score the majority of their points by getting to the rim. Badger defenders must do a particularly good job of keeping these two out of the lane and force them to take contested, outside shots.

3. Involve Brian Butch in the offense

-The Polar Bear, as Butch is affectionately referred to, was in hibernation last week during the loss to Indiana, tallying only three points on 1-3 shooting. When Butch emerges as an offensive threat to compliment Alando Tucker and Kammron Taylor, the Badgers are virtually unbeatable. Fortunately for Wisconsin, the forecast for University Park, Pa., at game time is 12 degrees with light snow — ideal conditions for a large arctic mammal.

4. Beware of shooters

-The Nittany Lions, while relying on drives to the basket, are an underrated three-point-shooting team. In particular, the Badgers must be aware of Mike Walker, who has drained three shots from downtown four times this season.

5. Keep Geary off the glass

-Claxton leads the conference in offensive rebounding (3.8 per game) and rebounding in general (8.1). Although listed at only 6-foot-5, Wisconsin will need to put a body on him any time a shot goes up.