Going through times of transition

Transitions are weird.

I say that honestly, because really no matter how much you organize, plan and try to prepare yourself for any situation, you never know what it’s going to be like until you’re actually doing it.

But here’s the weird thing about The Badger Herald’s transition to a weekly publication this fall — it wasn’t weird.

From the start, staff came in hyped and committed to developing longer-form features in print while continuing our digital success. The move to a weekly felt natural, and it reaffirmed our organization is continuing in the right direction. This is our 13th and last print issue of the semester and I have been so proud of the quality of work theHerald has continued to provide day-in and day-out.

Now, as several of our editors are about to adventure abroad and we welcome in newcomers, we’ll look to continue building off our success in the spring. You can expect more topic-specific issues, like when we tackled sexual assault on campus, more photo essays, like when we covered the GOP debate in Milwaukee, more digital-specific features and whether you like it or not, “Craps on campus” isn’t going anywhere.

If you like what we’ve done so far this year, stay tuned — we’re just getting started.

If you’re looking to get involved with us next semester, whether it’s as a reporter, photographer, videographer, designer or copy editor, stop by our get involved meetings in February or feel free to email me at [email protected].