Oh, deer God!

Gov. Scott Walker hoping to bag a buck by hiding behind a tree

Gov. Scott Walker was blowing up the twittersphere yesterday when he tweeted a photo of himself in his blaze orange deer hunting garb. Complete with an orange face mask to hide his identity from unassuming deer, Walker braved the wilderness to show that he was unintimidated even in the face of nature itself.

Unfortunately for our fair governor, the elements posed a bit of an obstacle. The photo came with the caption, “Wow is it cold out. The deer must think the same thing as I haven’t seen a thing.” I would say this is fortunate for any deer since the governor has made quite a name for himself slaughtering defenseless mammals.

Sadly, the chill in the air must have stopped Walker from meeting any deer that day. I can only assume if Walker bagged a buck, we would be informed of a state-wide holiday and a commemorative statue dedication in the center of the capitol rotunda. But stay strong everyone, with six days remaining in the deer hunting season, we can still hope for a Thanksgiving miracle.

Jared Mehre ([email protected]is a junior majoring in political science, sociology and legal studies.