Meet the Ed. Board: Leah Linscheid

mug-leah

I am a senior at the University of Wisconsin majoring in political science and journalism, hailing from Highland, Wis., a town of 800 in the southwestern region of the state. I currently intern as a reporter at Madison’s top-rated news station, WISC-TV News 3.

At UW, I have worked for three years at The Badger Herald. I have held a number of positions within the news department, including state reporter, deputy state editor, city editor and news content editor. I also sit on a commission of three current Herald employees and seven alumni who are tasked with directing the future of the publication’s operating model.

During my time at the Herald, I have covered political news ranging from presidential visits to campus to 2011’s recall protests at the State Capitol. I have also regularly reported on hyperlocal issues like city meetings and community events.

Aside from The Badger Herald, I have worked at several other establishments throughout my college career. I serve as a freelance writer for the Madison Commons, an online publication covering city and county news. I also work as an editorial assistant for a quarterly economic magazine, the Journal of Human Resources.