Readers discover editorial page; upset

In response to “Anti-war vets fight unfair Iraq narrative,” by Kyle Szarzynski:

Kyle’s terrorist sympathies remain heartfelt and unrepentant. The Badger Herald still owes all Americans an apology for publishing his potty-mouthed rants, ad nauseum.

In response to “Fiscal crisis swindles our ignorance,” by Jack Garigliano:

This bailout is like the Iraq war surge. If there’s a problem, just add to it.

In response to “Better dead than RED,” by the Badger Herald Editorial Board:

This magazine was funded by a special grant specific for student projects like this. I loved the magazine, keep em’ coming.

In response to “Nanny-state tendencies to blame for store’s beer pong debacle,” by Jack Craver:

Freshman year our floor held a dorm-sponsored root beer pong tournament…Gateway game.

In response to “Financial crisis fruit of flawed moral system,” by Jim Allard:

The only reason our government and the corporate dirtbags for which they scam us are able to get away with it all is because we let them. It’s time for a federal tax revolt. Next filing season let’s pay our federal taxes to our home state of Wisconsin. Face it, nothing’s going to get better until we bread the cycle of greed and corruption ourselves. Anyone have a better idea?

“In response to religious zealotry masks insecurity,” by Alex Frecon:

When people “dissent” they are often making a judgment about something, just like what you did when you stated that the preachers offer far more “theatrics” than faith. That is not a fact. Rather, you are making an opinionated “judgment” about their speech. While I don’t agree with much of what the preachers are screaming, it is clear that their annoying speech is no different (and in my opinion, far less offensive) than some idiotic war protester screaming “[w]ar is never the answer!” (or some other ridiculous historically inaccurate phrase like that) while judging all those who disagree with that statement as neanderthals, neocons, war mongers, etc on library mall. We all judge each other on a daily basis, including you. Get over yourself.

In response to “Homeless in need of student help,” by Progressive Dane:

I love how this editorial does not even mention why Judge voted against it (idk, like $20 million for the city if the parcel is developed) or the fact that Judge proposed an alternative site along with several alders. This is the pragmatic alderman I am proud to say I voted for. It seems Madison’s ultra far left are just upset because they didn’t get everything they wanted, dismissing the alternative site as “a swamp on the east side”, despite the fact that it is very accessible by bus, is hardly a swamp, and would of course be fully developed and landscaped into a state of the art facility few would complain about. Then again, if the have nothing to complain about, what else is Madison’s far left to do.