Peace and love y’all

And as the Opinion Page finally docks at the port of…

OK, forget it. That opening was pretentious, anyway.

We've been through a semester filled with thrills, budget chills and "Horowitz!" Yet, we've finally reached the end of the line. Finals have reared their ugly head, and it becomes time to finally put our collective noses to the grindstone. Our only opinion here is one we're sure you'll agree with — we're too stressed!

However, there is a bit of business to wrap up before we leave for the semester. The Opinion Page loses a treasured fixture with the departure of columnist Mike Hahn, who will no doubt be raking in the dough after his highly publicized boxing match with Sen. Judy Robson. But the rest of the news is good, as we're happy to invite new columnists Ryan Greenfield, Suchita Shah and David Lapidus on board for next semester's foray into local politics.

However, let us not pretend like we're checking out completely. In the midst of all this rest and relaxation, we're formulating plans for expanded online content and an ambitious project that will blow you away or anger you greatly. Either way, our plans for expansion have just begun and our theme weeks were just a sampling of the debate we plan to spark next semester.

But for the time being, it's high time we mosey on out. So, for all of us here at the Opinion Page, merry _______ and a happy New Year.