The 29th Session of Associated Students of Madison met for the first time Wednesday to appoint committee chairs and confirm their meeting schedule for next semester.

The meeting began with the newly-appointed ASM leaders being sworn in.

The meeting moved into a 75-minute open forum and provided an opportunity to the candidates to elaborate on the responsibilities of the positions they expected to take up if nominated.

BREAKING: UW names finalists in chancellor searchThe University of Wisconsin announced five finalists in the chancellor search Wednesday after a nearly five-month search process. The finalists Read…

The following appointments were made: Gracie Nelson as Grant Allocations Committee Chair, Katie Mangus as Outreach Director, Dominic Zappia as Shared Governance Campaign Director, Kylie Hollenstein as Shared Governance Committee Chair, Kevin Jacobson as Student Activity Center Governing Board Chair, Winston Thompson and Ashley Cheung as Sustainability Campaign Coordinators, Jacob Wright as Sustainability Committee Chair and Tyler Katzenberger as Vote Coordinator.

UPDATED: ASM elects student council representatives, new chair Ndemazea FonkemThe Associated Students of Madison Student Council nominated and elected Ndemazea Fonkem as the new ASM chair for its 29th Read…

ASM then voted unanimously to schedule bimonthly Student Council meetings every other Wednesday for the upcoming session. Regular meeting will begin Sept. 14, 2022. Summer meetings will be held virtually to accommodate availability of all members, ASM decided.

ASM will also conduct an earlier-than-usual summer meeting May 29 to introduce the Fall Campaign proposals.