Man arrested for taking pictures in Witte women’s restroom

Man has been identified as 27-year-old Monona man Justin Fahy
Man arrested for taking pictures in Witte womens restroom
Herald archives

A man was arrested Tuesday for taking pictures of a girl in a Witte Residence Hall bathroom Friday afternoon.

The man has been identified as Justin Fahy, a 27-year-old from neighboring Monona. According to a University of Wisconsin Police Department incident report, Fahy entered Witte Residence Hall Friday afternoon.

https://badgerherald.com/news/2017/09/07/uwpd-arrests-man-second-time-for-sneaking-into-residence-hall-bathroom-to-take-photos-of-women/

Video footage in the building show Fahy entering a women’s restroom and staying there for 14 minutes. During that time, he is accused of sliding his phone under the stall and taking a picture of a girl as she went to the bathroom.

The victim said the suspect identified himself as a special agent with the U.S. Bureau of Tobacco, Firearms and Alcohol, and said it was a “misunderstanding,” and that he had mistakenly entered the wrong restroom.

Search warrants obtained against Fahy showed his phone had been recently restored to a backup point, something which the UWPD officers said led them to believe he was trying to destroy evidence.

https://badgerherald.com/news/2017/11/01/man-arrested-for-breaking-into-residence-halls-sent-to-mental-health-facility/

UWPD officers arrested Fahy Tuesday and charged him with attempting to take photos depicting nudity, which is a felony, and disorderly conduct.

According to the incident report, Fahy has been formally banned from the UW campus.