UW finance committee hears two budget proposals for 2018

Student organization facilitates adventure-based team building for other student organizations
Gabby Ortiz

The Campus Women’s Center and Adventure Learning Programs presented their 2018 fiscal year budget requests during the Student Services Finance Committee Monday night.

ALPS organizes adventure-based team building workshops, such as rowing and high and low ropes course, for other student organizations on campus. ALPS requested $178,257 for the fiscal year of 2018. 

ALPS’s approved budget for the fiscal year of 2017 is $169,685.08. The increase in budget reflects a rise in student wages and membership fees.

ALPS also requested more funds to send members to the Association for Experiential Education Student Summit.

https://badgerherald.com/news/2015/12/08/ssfc-approves-massive-alps-budget-badger-catholic-boasts-savings-in-2015-fiscal-year/

ALPS budget request for the fiscal year of 2018 also reflects a decrease in summer facilitator salaries and the cost of the low ropes course.

SSFC later listened to the CWC budget presentation request $49,589.75 for the 2018 fiscal year. The CWC provides a variety of support services, education programs and resources for women.

https://badgerherald.com/news/2015/11/03/ssfc-debates-campus-womens-center-budget-details/

SSFC approved a budget of $48,170.75 for the fiscal year of 2017. The increase reflects a rise in program costs. CWC hosts a number of events throughout the year such as their condom crawl, kid’s night out and gender activism, which features keynote speakers.

SSFC will reconvene Thursday to make their final budget decisions for ALPS and CWC.