A second victim has come forward claiming to have been sexually assaulted by University of Wisconsin senior Alec Cook.

According to the Madison Police Department incident report, after the second 20-year-old victim came forward Thursday night, Cook turned himself in.

UW student facing multiple counts of sexual assault released on signature bondFollowing his arrest Monday evening, University of Wisconsin senior Alec Cook was released Wednesday on a $500 signature bond. Cook Read…

Central District detectives arrested Cook and charged him with two counts of second degree sexual assault and one count of third degree sexual assault.

In the days following his arrest, MPD received an “appreciative” amount of information to help with the investigation, MPD spokesperson Joel DeSpain said.

UW student arrested for sexual assaultThe Madison Police Department arrested a 20-year-old University of Wisconsin student Monday evening for multiple charges, one of which includes second degree Read…

The 20-year-old woman who came forward after the first arrest told investigators Cook sexually assaulted her last February, DeSpain said.

“I saw the news story and was empowered by another girl being able to tell what happened to her, that I thought I could now finally tell,” the victim said to detectives.

The investigation is still ongoing. Anyone with additional information is encouraged to contact Madison Area Crime Stoppers at 608-266-6014.