Tres Amigos to bring traditional, authentic Mexican cuisine to downtown

Tres Amigos soon to debut off State Street with traditional Mexican cuisine
Alice Vagun

A new business will be adding some flavor to North Henry Street in the form of a taquería.

Replacing the old burrito express tavern that used to occupy the space at 309 N. Henry St., Tres Amigos is coming into town with a menu filled with authentic, traditional Mexican cuisine.

After working in the restaurant business for several years, owner Juan Cazeres decided to open up a restaurant of his own. The location of the taquería provided a good place for him and his partner to start since he said there aren’t many restaurants in the particular area.

The menu features burritos, tortas, tacos, nachos, quesadillas, salads and a plate special. Prices range from $5 to $9 per dish.

Alice Vagun/The Badger Herald

Cazeres said he is looking forward to having a business and making new friends in the Madison community.

“We want to make the best food around here, and I think we will offer a special sentiment,” Cazeres said.

Tres Amigos will be open from 10 a.m to 12 p.m. Monday through Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. Thursday through Saturday and 10 a.m. to 9 p.m Sundays.

Cazeres said they anticipate opening this weekend.