House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wisc., and former Sen. Russ Feingold, D-Wisc., all won party primaries in Wisconsin Tuesday night.

According to the Dane County Clerk’s OfficeDane County saw a total voter turnout of 21.6 percent.

Paul Ryan easily wins against GOP primary challenger

Despite Paul Nehlen’s efforts to unseat Ryan, Ryan won the primary with a sweeping 84.1 percent of the vote, with 98.8 percent of precincts reporting, according to AP results.

Throughout his campaign, Nehlen painted Ryan as catering to wealthy donors and losing touch with the American people. Nehlen said Trump was forced to endorse Ryan for political reasons and he believed he would ultimately receive Trump’s support.

Ann Coulter stumps with Paul Ryan primary challenger in JanesvillePolitical commentator Ann Coulter joined Wisconsin businessman Paul Nehlen’s efforts to unseat House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., in Janesville, Wisconsin, Saturday. Read…

In a statement, the Republican Party of Wisconsin supported Ryan’s primary victory and said they believe he will provide the reform necessary to make the U.S. government “smarter and more efficient.”

“We could not be more proud of Speaker Paul Ryan for his integrity, his continued leadership and the conservative vision he has shown to America,” Republican Party of Wisconsin said in the statement.

Trump gives Ryan official endorsement at Green Bay rallyAfter weeks of silence, Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump endorsed House Speaker Paul Ryan, R-Wisc., for re-election, in Trump’s first Wisconsin Read…

Feingold and Johnson to face off in November

Feingold and Johnson both won the primary for their respective parties, meaning they will fight for the U.S. Senate seat in the fall general election.

On the Democratic side, Feingold received 90.2 percent of the vote, with 98.7 percent of precincts reporting, against his opponent Scott Harboch, who received 9.8 percent of the vote.  

Incumbent Johnson also won the Republican primary, as he ran uncontested.

Feingold said in a statement he extends his gratitude to voters for their support and sees himself as the “clear choice” in the upcoming election. But Johnson said in a statement he believes Wisconsinites will vote for him in the upcoming election.

“I’m confident the grassroots army we’ve built will propel us to victory in November,” Johnson said.

In the most recent Marquette law poll, Feingold had 48 percent support from Wisconsin voters while Johnson had 41 percent.

Ron Johnson talks bill aimed at preventing overprescribing opioidsU.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wisconsin, introduced a federal bill that aims to eradicate pressures doctors feel when prescribing opioids to Read…

Russ Feingold talks jobs, standing up for Wisconsin middle classDemocratic U.S. Senate candidate Russ Feingold discussed the Trans-Pacific Partnership and how to grow Wisconsin’s economy in a meeting Monday with Read…

Ismael Ozanne re-elected as Dane County DA

Ismael Ozanne defeated challenger Robert Jambois and will be reelected as the District Attorney of Dane County. Ozanne received 73 percent of the vote.

He secured the DA position for the next four years since he is running unopposed in the November election. Ozanne was first appointed DA in 2010 and won unopposed in 2012.

The general election will be held Nov. 8, 2016.

Voting in November? All you’ll need is your signatureA federal judge Tuesday delivered a major blow to Wisconsin’s 2011 law requiring voters to present a valid ID at Read…