Walker appoints Daniel Kelly to Wisconsin Supreme Court

Kelly will officially be appointed July 31

Gov. Scott Walker appointed attorney Daniel Kelly to the Wisconsin Supreme Court to fill the vacancy of Justice David Prosser’s retirement.

Kelly was one of the founding members of the law firm Rogahn Kelly and has defended cases before the U.S. Supreme Court, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and Wisconsin Supreme Court, Walker said at a news conference Friday. He said Kelly is an “accomplished trial and appellate attorney” and a leader among the state’s legal professionals.

“His extensive real world experience, combined with his intellect and integrity, make him well-suited to be an influential member of the Court,” Walker said.

https://badgerherald.com/news/2016/04/27/justice-prosser-announces-retirement-after-40-years-of-public-service/

Walker said Kelly has also been involved in the community and served as the president of the Milwaukee Lawyer’s Chapter of the Federalist Society. Kelly was also part of the State Advisory Board to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights.

Kelly said he was honored to be appointed to the state Supreme Court. He will officially join the Supreme Court once Prosser’s retirement takes effect July 31.

“I look forward to working with my new colleagues in serving the people of this great state by faithfully applying the laws of our land,” Kelly said.