Police arrest three anti-Semitic graffiti suspects

Police said the trio appear to have been working together
Emily Hamer

University of Wisconsin and Madison Police Departments Wednesday arrested three people in connection with several instances of anti-Semitic graffiti found around campus in recent weeks.

According to a MPD incident report:

Police arrested three 21-year-old men yesterday following an investigation conducted by both UWPD and MPD. The three are believed to have been responsible for the Wolfsangel symbols that have appeared on various campus buildings, MPD spokesperson Joel DeSpain said.

https://badgerherald.com/news/2016/04/27/community-leaders-respond-to-new-instances-of-anti-semitic-graffiti/

The symbol is an early Nazi emblem that has since been adopted by some white supremacist groups.

According to a UWPD incident report, a UWPD security officer found one of the arrested suspects, Timothy A. Arnold, sleeping on the fourth floor exterior level of Vilas Hall at 10:50 p.m. Wednesday night.

During the interaction, Arnold — who was intoxicated — fought with the officer, but was eventually taken into custody. He was booked into the Dane County Jail for a misdemeanor arrest of resisting a police officer and citations for possession of alcohol on UW lands and camping on UW lands.

It is still unclear if any of the three men arrested are UW students. UWPD has not responded to requests for comment. The investigation is ongoing.

This post will be updated as new information is received.