Snapchat confusion induces alcohol-fueled conflict at Wando’s

Woman attacked stranger believing she had been subject of photo
Hayley Cleghorn

A woman attacked a stranger inside Wando’s following an erroneous assumption concerning a Snapchat Wednesday.

Police arrested 21-year-old Madison resident Skyler Cage after she allegedly punched a fellow bar-goer repeatedly because she believed the woman had taken a Snapchat of her. The victim suffered minor injuries and a cracked iPhone 6S. Police booked Cage under tentative charges of battery.

According to a Madison Police Department incident report:

Following an evening watching Kevin Hart at the Kohl Center, the victim went to Wando’s where she recognized several of the opening comedians. Intending to take a snapchat of the openers, she was soon accosted by an intoxicated woman who believed the victim was photographing her.

As the victim attempted to clarify the situation, the aggressor began to punch her in the face, causing her to drop her phone. A friend tried to stop the attack, but received only similar blows to the face for her efforts.

Once outside, the assailant began shouting obscenities and comments regarding the victim’s ethnicity, however, the victim said the attack was not racially motivated.

Police spokesperson Joel DeSpain said it was not clear if the Snapchat was any good or if the victim had chosen the correct filter.