UW vs. Michigan State: Schools ‘duke’ it out over Twitter

UW vs. Michigan State: Schools duke it out over Twitter
Gif courtesy of mtv.tumblr.com

Michigan State University and University of Wisconsin battled back and forth Monday on Twitter in an exchange involving Beyonce, Ryan Reynolds and a lot of puppies.

It all started with Michigan State posting a typical fall picture on twitter to demonstrate its campus’ fall beauty.

Unable to resist temptation, UW’s Twitter took note of those little red berries and immediately tweeted in reply to Michigan State’s picture.

Not standing for UW’s insinuation in their comment, Michigan State fired back a Beyonce gif shaking her finger at UW’s implied comment.

But this did not deter UW, as they replied with their own quick response to show whose side Beyonce was really on.

Still not one to let UW one-up them, Michigan State raised the stakes to their own celebrity mascot, Ryan Reynolds, clearly showing his support for them.

But the back and forth banter did not stop there; UW and Michigan State continued to show support for their schools with more Beyonce and Ryan Reynolds’ gifs. There were even a few pictures of One Direction and puppies depicting whose school was clearly better than the others.

Twitter followers of both schools seeing this battle unfold enjoyed the continual amount of pictures of celebrity supporters and endless puppy pictures.

https://twitter.com/calzoneprincess/status/651263726423834628

But at the end of the day, despite all of their differences, there was one point that both Michigan State and UW seemed to be able to agree upon.