Mifflin: more than a place to drink on the street; ranked in U.S. top 10 most livable neighborhoods

Students may only know Mifflin Street for its infamous annual block party of years past, but according to AARP, there’s much more to Mifflin than day drinking.

AARP named the West Mifflin neighborhood as one of the top ten most livable neighborhoods in the U.S.

The neighborhood was listed among the ranks of Downtown Seattle, Downtown Boston and even Manhattan’s Upper West Side.

According to AARP, to make the list a neighborhood should be close to jobs, have plenty of housing and various amenities that are easy to reach.

The Mifflin neighborhood has many condos, apartments and single-family homes within close distance to the Capitol building, State Street, as well as the University of Wisconsin.

AARP noted all of these reasons as well as Mifflin’s low congestion rate, high frequency of buses and high voter turnouts as reasons for making the list.

The block party is noticeably absent from the list, so apparently there are reasons to go to Mifflin other than to party.

Herald Archives