Police investigate attempted homicide, possible link to West Towne Mall shooting

An 18-year-old man is in stable condition after suffering multiple gunshot wounds Saturday night, according to a Madison Police Department incident report.

Officers were sent to the 5800 block of Russett Road in response to a “shots fired” call. According to the report, the officers found the injured victim with multiple gunshot wounds to the upper body. The victim said in the report that he was shot by unknown assailants, then ran for help. The victim required surgery for his injuries, the statement said.

In an update to the report posted Sunday morning, MPD has reportedly identified three persons of interest in relation to the shooting.

According to the update, police are also investigating a possible connection between the Russett Road shooting and the shots fired incident at West Towne Mall which resulted in a lockdown earlier the same day.

https://badgerherald.com/news/2015/02/28/shots-fired-at-west-towne-mall/#.VPSmyvnF_mc

According to the report, police believe the various parties knew each other prior to the respective events and these were not random acts of violence.