All you need to know about Freakfest 2014

All+you+need+to+know+about+Freakfest+2014+
Logan Reigstad

With a little more than a week left until Halloween, it’s time to prepare for Freakfest.

Last year, an estimated 35,000 people attended Madison’s annual combination costume party and music festival. Below are your must-know details for the event, including where to get tickets and information on the lineup and transportation.

Time

Freakfest takes place Nov. 1, and gates open at 7 p.m.

It also falls on Daylight Savings time this year, adding an extra hour to the State Street Halloween party.

Freakfest attendees will be able to access State Street through several entrances.

Tickets

Tickets will be available for purchase before Freakfest for $8, or for $12 on the day of the event.

Logan Reigstad/The Badger Herald

Several local businesses will sell tickets for the event, including B-Side Records, Knuckleheads, Mallatt’s Pharmacy, Ragstock, Strictly Discs, Sunshine Daydream, University Bookstore, Community Pharmacy, Stop and Shop, Los Gemelos, Osaka House, Madison Optometric Center, Tower Apartments and Red Card.

Businesses, city gear up for Freakfest 2014

Tickets can also be purchased online.

Residents living within State Street access areas can request complementary tickets.

Music

The music lineup, which consists of both local and national talent, will be spread across three stages.

This year’s headliner, Minneapolis-based hip hop group Atmosphere, will play on the Capitol Stage at the top of State Street with the Capitol in the background.

Freakfest’s main stage to showcase mainly hip hop acts

The Capitol Stage will also play host to other acts, including deM atlaS, Prof, WebsterX, Charles Grant and Coby Ashpis.

The Gilman Street Stage will feature alt-rock group American Authors, known for their single, “Best Day of My Life.”

Also playing on the Gilman Street Stage are The Mowgli’s, Generationals, Springtime Carnivore and Step Rockets.

The WSUM Frances Street Stage will feature local acts, including Eagle Trace, Catch Kid, Sky Urchin, Dense City and Midas Bison.

Public Transportation

All Madison Metro buses that normally operate in the State Street corridor will be detoured Nov. 1.

Westbound buses will wrap around the south side of the Capitol Square, turning onto Broom Street until returning to the regular route on University Avenue.

Eastbound buses will turn off of Johnson Street at Bassett Street and follow a detour that runs south of the Capitol Square.

Route 80 will be detoured onto University Avenue and Park Street before continuing on its normal route on Observatory Drive. Routes 81 and 82 will be combined into one route, and will not serve the State Street and Langdon Street areas.

Parking

Parking for the event will be available in city ramps in the downtown area.

https://twitter.com/freakfest/status/523611833853566976