Former UW football recruit charged with felony sexual assault

A former University of Wisconsin football recruit was charged with felony sexual assault for an incident that occurred in a campus dorm during an official campus recruiting visit.

Eighteen-year-old Dominic Cizauskas was charged with third degree sexual assault and released on a $500 signature bond in his first court appearance Monday, according to WKOW 27 News.

The charge comes just three days after Cizauskas played in the WIAA state basketball tournament in Madison for Mukwonago High School.

According to the criminal complaint:

Cizauskas arrived at a UW student’s residence hall room and raped her on the morning of Dec. 14. Cizauskas and the victim are acquaintances.

The student and Cizauskas had exchanged text messages throughout the night and the student had tried to dissuade Cizauskas from coming to her room. The student was studying when Cizauskas entered the unlocked room and told her he had taken 10 shots of liquor in the last 30 minutes.

The woman said she objected to Cizauskas’s advances multiple times but he forced intercourse, which she told police was not consensual.

“I didn’t know what to do. I was by myself. My roommate went home for the weekend, and he’s a 200-pound football player and he had been drinking,” the student told police. She had also tried to push Cizauskas off her.

The woman told police she had previously engaged in consensual sex with Cizauskas but estimated their last contact was in June 2013.

Video from the residence hall shows Cizauskas entering an elevator in the building at 12:58 a.m. on Dec. 14 and getting back into the elevator at 2:07 a.m, according to an article from the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Cizauskas had committed to UW last summer, but had not yet signed a letter of intent. BadgerNation reported Cizauskas, a two-star recruit, visited campus during an official recruiting trip the weekend of Dec. 13, when he stayed with a UW linebacker.

Court documents do not reference the Badger linebacker in connection with the assault.

Cizauskas was arrested Jan. 2. Dane County Sheriff’s records show he was booked for jail and released on the same day.

As conditions of the bond, he is barred from campus and is not allowed to contact the victim or consume alcohol.

Cizauskas was previously named Wisconsin Football Coaches Association Defensive Player of the Year and the Journal Sentinel’s Player of the Year.

If convicted, he faces a fine up to $25,000, 10 years in prison, or both.

[Photo via WKOW]