Shots fired on East Gorham Street

Madison police are investigating shots fired on the 100 block of East Gorham Street early Sunday morning, Madison Police Department spokesperson Joel DeSpain said.

According to the police report, an 18 year-old male was found at the scene of the crime with a non life-threatening gunshot and was taken to the hospital.

Police reported the early investigation suggests a fight broke out between numerous men outside of a house party. According to the report, witnesses saw gunshots being fired from a vehicle passing by shortly after the fight subsided.

“There were several men involved in the fight,” DeSpain said. “How many were in the car that drove by, we are still looking at that.”

According to the report, the victim said he was not part of the original disturbance, and that he and his friends were outside of the house party when the shots were fired.

Officers found several shell casings around this area when they arrived on the scene, the report said. According to the report, the suspects fled from the scene prior to police arrival.

DeSpain said there are no current leads on the suspects at this time. The report encouraged anyone who knows any information about this crime to call the Madison Area Crime Stoppers.