UW grads look to break world record of people in onesies

Two University of Wisconsin graduates will attempt to break a Guinness World Record for the most adults wearing onesie pajamas in one place.

Forever Lazy, a Wisconsin company created by UW graduates Dave Hibler and Tyler Galganski in 2009, sells adult-sized onesie pajamas through infomercials and their website.

The company will donate money raised through the record event to Variety, the Children’s Charity of Wisconsin, which assists children with physical disabilities by providing wheelchairs and other equipment to lead a more normal life, according to the charity’s website.

Hibler said he and Galganski always played around with the idea of starting their own business in college and decided to do so after working for a year and a half in “real jobs as young people, no wives, no kids and no mortgage.”

The company then began in Hibler’s parents’ basement in Brookfield, Hibler said.

A Milwaukee-based onesie company is organizing a bar crawl to break the world record of the most people together in onesies.
[/media-credit]A Milwaukee-based onesie company is organizing a bar crawl to break the world record of the most people together in onesies.
“The onesie craze is really catching on,” Hibler said. “You see them on talk shows on TV, so we thought, ‘Geez, I wonder if there are world records for them?'”

To break the record, Hibler said the event needs more than 700 participants, who will each receive a free onesie and two free drink tokens from Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee for their $20 participation fee.

Guinness World Records requires a video of the entire attempt, high resolution photos and witness reports from qualified people, such as notaries or police officers who saw the event, Hibler said.

Hibler added he and Galganski are working to get witnesses for their report so there will be no problems on the day of the event.

The event also includes a .1 kilometer crawl, dubbed a “creep,” which is about the distance of a city block, Hibler said.

The “creep” starts at Jackson’s Blue Ribbon Pub near Pabst Brewery in Milwaukee and ends at another bar in the city, Hibler added. It also has rest stations with beer tents and is downhill so participants can be more lazy, Hibler said.

“We never take ourselves too seriously, which is our key to success,” Hibler said. “The event is just a personal touch. We are just two laid-back guys who like to have a good time.”