Today in weird crime: woman cuts stranger’s hair on bus

Today in weird crime: woman cuts strangers hair on bus

Today in Madison news, police are following up on leads to find a woman who allegedly cut off three inches of another woman’s hair on a Madison Metro Bus last week.

The 38-year old victim boarded the bus near Regent Street and Mills Street on Oct. 18, when the female suspect sat down behind her and began to play with the victim’s hair, according to the Madison Police Department incident report. The victim turned to ask the woman to stop, but did not think much more of the interaction, the report said.

However, after getting off the bus, the victim noticed that three inches of her originally 18-inch hair had been cut off with a pair of scissors, the report said, adding that the suspect reportedly celebrated her actions after the victim had left.

Check out the full incident report below:

A teacher boarded a Madison Metro Bus near Regent and Mills Street, as it headed towards the South Transfer Point on 10/18/2013.  The female suspect moved to an area directly behind the victim, and started playing with the victim’s hair.  The victim felt her hair being touch, and turned around to acknowledge she did not like that, but didn’t think much more about what she thought was inadvertent contact.  The victim pulled the indicator to disembark the bus, and later determined that at least 3 inches of her hair (originally 18 inches long) had been cut by the suspect with scissors! The suspect was reported to have celebrated this invasion/violation of the victim after she left the bus, and police are now following up on leads to locate the responsible party.  If anyone has any information about this incident, they are encouraged to contact the Madison Police Department.