Spring commencement to move to Camp Randall for 2014

[media-credit name=”Flickr User Scottfeldstein” align=”alignright” width=”336″]camp-randall-flickr[/media-credit]It’s back: Badgers graduating in spring 2014 will be walking across the stage in a single ceremony at Camp Randall.

The senior class officers announced Wednesday morning the University of Wisconsin’s 2014 spring commencement will be consolidated into one ceremony for all undergraduates and non-terminal degree graduate students at noon on Saturday, May 17.

The officers said they hope this change will draw a “prominent” speaker to campus for the commencement ceremony.

According to the statement, the change was the result of a joint effort between UW students, Chancellor Rebecca Blank and the Division of Student Life.

“This change will help us celebrate together on a grander scale while still involving the more personal elements that students look forward to throughout their time at UW-Madison,” Blank said in the statement. “I’m excited to partner with students to provide an experience that is meaningful for everyone who attends.”

Associated Students of Madison Chair David Gardner also expressed his excitement in a statement, adding that combining smaller college and school celebrations with the grand commencement at Camp Randall will allow students, family and faculty to be more involved in the celebration.

Are you a graduating senior excited for the move, or do you think it’s a break from tradition? Tell us in the comments.