All-Campus Party set to honor UW traditions, experience

The return of the annual All-Campus Party, spanning from today through April 28, will give students an excuse to cast aside their books and participate in free events hosted by the Wisconsin Alumni Association and the Wisconsin Alumni Student Board.

Andrea Okas, co-director of the All-Campus Party, said the event is a way to give back to the dedicated students who make up the campus community.

“We’re going for a week that allows students to really celebrate why we go here, what we’re all about, that we’re able to be on this beautiful campus and kind of the student experience,” Okas said. “It’s just kind of an opportunity to cherish the whole student experience here.”

All-Campus Party Co-Director Ethan Krupp said one of the specific goals of the 2012 All-Campus Party is to give students the opportunity to reach out to more than 85 student organizations participating in the event.

Some of the events hosted by student organizations include Battle of the Bands, an a cappella showcase and a dance showcase. Badgers who do not drink can also rest assured knowing that a second goal is to maintain an alcohol-free atmosphere, Krupp said.

“I think it’s important to know that students on this campus can have fun without alcohol,” Krupp said. “Especially with Mifflin being the final celebration of the year, the All-Campus Party is something for those who don’t want to drink and still have a really good time.”

Krupp said the week will allow numerous opportunities to participate and get involved in what is going on around the university. He added students should know that student organizations create interesting events like these each week.

This past Saturday, Bucky’s Urban Odyssey, a cross-campus race from Camp Randall all the way to State Street, kicked off the party’s presence on campus. The first place team of four who were able to figure out the clues at the stops along the way each won a free iPad, Krupp said.

He said students can participate in Breakfast with Bucky this morning, with Fresh Madison Market providing a free breakfast full of healthy food choices. For a caffeine fix, Starbucks will also provide free coffee.

The breakfasts will be available at Engineering Mall, East Campus Mall and Bascom Hill starting at 7:30 a.m.

The week will continue on tomorrow when 10 students compete for the title of All-Campus Idol at the Overture Center at 7 p.m. Krupp said this event is like an American Idol showcase.

Okas said Wear Red, Get Fed will feed pizza to any Badger who is dressed in red from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Engineering Mall on Thursday, April 26. She added that this event will also showcase an interactive student organization fair where each booth will have an activity or game.

Thursday night, the party will come to an end when Witte Hall’s backyard transforms into Club Bucky, Krupp said. Once the doors open at 9 p.m., students will be able to enjoy a dance party with DJ Vilas Park Sniper.