UWPD investigating additional allegations against Chadima

University of Wisconsin Police Department officials are investigating new allegations against former Senior Associate Athletic Director John Chadima.

According to a UW statement, UWPD was made aware of the second allegation, brought forward by a male adult, Jan. 30. The statement did not specify what the allegations specifically were, or whether the victim was a student.

Interim Chancellor David Ward said in the statement UWPD has corroborated the majority of the details from the victim’s story and believes the information is credible. As of Monday, no charges had been filed against Chadima.

Ward has asked former Dane County Judge Patrick Fiedler to head an independent investigation with two other investigators to look into the new allegations and any other related complaints.

Chadima resigned from his position at UW shortly after the football team’s trip to the Rose Bowl. Ward placed Chadima on administrative leave after an adult male reported allegations of sexual assault the day before Chadima’s resignation.

Ward established an independent review committee to investigate the original allegation. The committee released its report Jan. 24, detailing an incident during the team’s trip to the Rose Bowl in which Chadima allegedly sexually assaulted a male Athletic Department student employee.

In the statement, Ward urged anyone who has been victimized by Chadima or has any information relating to misconduct to come forward with information to either UWPD or Fiedler.

UWPD can be contacted at 608-262-2957 or [email protected] . Fiedler can be contacted at 608-262-3017.

Check badgerherald.com for updates.