Assault at the Nat, 35 Ejections at the game, and more

Assault at the Nat Showers

University of Wisconsin police are searching for an approximately 25-year-old man who allegedly sexually assaulted a man in the shower at the Natatorium on Observatory Drive.

A statement from UWPD said a man showering in the facility was forced to fend off a sexual assault from the suspect, a red-headed man with freckles and a goatee last seen wearing a baseball cap and boots.

UWPD has asked anyone with information about the assault to call Det. Shane Driscoll at 608-890-2730.

Arrests at SJSU vs. Wisconsin

UWPD also announced 35 UW students were ejected from Saturday’s football game against San Jose State while 16 students were arrested for their conduct at the game.

A UWPD statement says 10 fans were ejected but not cited for intoxication while two were ejected for throwing objects. Seventeen underage alcohol citations were written for students who had already been ejected, while two were cited for resisting or obstructing arrest.

Guitar Battery

A dispute over taste in music led to fisticuffs and the injury of passers-by on State Street Thursday afternoon.

A MPD report said Brandin Hockstrasser was arrested for battery and battery to a police officer after violently reacting to another man’s comments about his apparently poor guitar skills.

Hockstrasser, who the report says also goes by “Bongo Jesus,” allegedly hit the critic over the head repeatedly with his guitar.

When an MPD sergeant, who MPD spokesperson Joel DeSpain said was a veteran officer at 65 years old, arrived at the scene, Hockstrasser fought him. The officer eventually subdued Hockstrasser with a Taser and suffered a bruised elbow and a swollen hand, DeSpain said.

UAL License Suspension Continues

The city’s alcohol license suspension continued this week with the 10-day suspension at University Avenue Liquor.

Ald. Mike Verveer, District 4, said the city’s Alcohol License Review Committee decided to add another suspension to UAL’s license to further penalize them for their involvement with the unsuccessful student-run alcohol delivery service Campusdrank.com.

UAL served a 10-day suspension in August, but Verveer said city officials wanted to also suspend the license during the academic year – specifically for home football games.

Verveer added downtown liquor stores The Vineyard and Riley’s Wines of the World will also serve suspensions because of the owning Lee family’s tax evasion charges.