Another sexual assault suspect caught

Another man was taken into custody Wednesday in connection with last Saturday’s sexual assault of a female UW student. Madison police arrested Miguel Angel Perez-Pena, 28, on charges of sexual assault, false imprisonment, intimidation of victim, kidnapping and battery. Ricardo Ponce, 23, was arrested shortly after the assault on similar charges.

The incident took place last Saturday at about 4:15 a.m. at University Square. No weapons were used in the assault.

Wednesday’s arrest of Perez-Pena is part of the aftermath in the recent spree of sexual assaults on campus.

Suspects in two other sexual assaults on campus are still at large.

At about 5:45 a.m. Saturday, a female resident of Embassy Apartments, 505 University Ave., was followed to her residence by a stranger. The suspect followed the victim into the elevator and then to her apartment. The suspect then grabbed the victim, but was frightened away by the woman’s roommate. She still managed to escape.

The suspect is said to be a white male, about 5 feet 11 inches tall. He was wearing a dark stocking cap, a dark puffy coat and a gray T-shirt. Madison police are continuing with the investigation. If anyone has any information regarding this man, they are advised to call the Madison city police.

UW Police finished a sketch of the man suspected in a third-degree sexual assault occurring in Ogg Hall early Monday morning. The man assaulted an 18-year-old female student in the west tower of Ogg. The incident was reported to the University of Wisconsin Police Department at 3:15 a.m. Monday.

The sketch depicts a white or light-skinned man between the ages of 18 and 22 years. He has a medium build and is clean-shaven. Police estimate him to be between 5 feet 11 inches and 6 feet 1 inches tall and could have a cut or bruise on the left side of his face as a result of the incident. At this time, police are not releasing any more information the assault.

Detective Carol Ann Glassmaker, investigator of the case, encourages any individuals believing to have information on the assault or suspect to contact the campus police department at 262-2957, or could remain anonymous by calling 262-TIPS (262-8477).