Lost alters realities, blows minds

The bomb has been detonated, and the aftermath has (kind of, sort of?) begun to answer some of the fundamental questions raised from the way back in the first season. What is the smoke monster? Who is Jacob? Why are they on the island?

Heads are spinning, imploding, and being blown all over again as the sixth and final season of Lost kicks off. The season premiere focused on the aftermath of the bomb, and involved some very weird scenes of what appears to be an alternate dimension. Tonight’s episode, entitled “What Kate Does,” is a huge reference to one of the first episodes and one of Kate’s most important flashbacks.

Revelations continue throughout the show, with the first glimpses of the Temple finally being shown to the audience, and the fate of several missing characters either explicitly shown or hinted at through the show’s notorious cliffhangers and teases. Fans should continue to look for answers through repeated viewing and frequent visits to Lostpedia.

This recap contains no significant spoilers, but feel free to lend your two cents in theories and discussion below.