Inferno to host night of ‘Filth’

The Inferno Nightclub will be hosting a one-night only event full of unique art from Liz Mares and local music on Friday, Oct. 23. “Filth,” is the very apt title of the show, which features many racy performances and exhibitions.

Liz Mares is known for her erotic and controversial photography of female sexuality, and her work is searched for in both the U.S. and across seas. She is also promoting her new book called “Masque” which came out in June and is a collection of her work. Some of the work Mares is beginning with her is work that has never been seen!

Another artist coming to the Inferno is Chris Negrete whose photographs consist of colorful poloraids of flippers, fire extinguishers, and 1970s underwear.

Colm McCarthy is a theatre and performance photographer whose pictures are also on the nude and erotic side with a dark side. His images were also used for the cover of This is Jizzcore, the Caustic album.

Caustic is no stranger to Madison. Matt Fanale, who makes up Caustic, is from Wisconsin, and has spent the last year touring and promoting This is Jizzcore. Caustic is a distorted dance beats act with a knack for sinning.

Underculture, another band that will make an appearance at the show is also from Madison. They are influenced by anything from Tom Waits to the Foo Fighters and Johnny Cash. They describe their sound as “something tasty.”

The Apologists, who sing obscure American folk ballads, bring up the rear for music during the Inferno’s night of Filth.

Between acts Foxy Veronica’s Peach Pies will be performing naughty burlesque routines; body painting by local body artist Dawn Marie Avanoe will also be taking place during this time.

Doors to the Inferno open up at nine. The strictly 21+ show starts at 9:30, and it costs five dollars to enjoy all of the erotic and nude art along with crazy local music. The Inferno invites all to participate and get filthy.