Best Bust-A-Move Bar: Madison Avenue

[media-credit name=’JEFF SCHORFHEIDE’ align=’alignnone’ width=’648′]Mad-Ave-001-JS[/media-credit]If there is one thing the University of Wisconsin campus needs, it's a good, clean, respectable dance club where fellow Badgers can have a carefree drunken evening. Now, Madison Avenue may not quite fall into all of those categories. In fact, it doesn't fall into any of those categories except for the drunken evening one. But if you are looking to bust a move, Madison Avenue is the place to go. That is, if you are willing to ignore the sketchiness and willing to push your way through the bar swamped with wasted underclassmen that most grandmothers could out-drink. The dance floor and bar at Madison Avenue are large enough to avoid potentially awkward run-ins with ex-boyfriends, girlfriends, hook-ups and what have you. If you're lucky, you might even score a spot toward the front of the dance floor to avoid the lingering middle-aged men trying to grind up on some high school kids. The only problem with the dance floor — and this problem actually increases exponentially with the number of drinks consumed — is the stairs. A raised dance floor is a good idea in theory, and it makes for great people watching, but when you are dealing with ridiculously drunk girls in 4-inch stilettos, it is not a good situation. It can turn Madison's best bust-a-move bar into Madison's best bust-a-lip bar after about three rounds of tequila pong, four rum and Cokes and a few beers. And yes, that comes from experience. Madison Avenue: 490 votes Kollege Klub: 244 votes