Key Fantasy Football Pickups for Week 8

The football season is almost the half way over along with the fantasy football season. There are still plenty of good replacements out there who might perform better than many of fantasy owners’ starting lineup. Here is the list of players who has potential to make fantasy owners happy.

Bye Week: Houston Texans, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Buffalo Bills

1.Palmer, Carson (QB, OAK) – Palmer threw 298 yards with a touchdown (and one interception) and rushed six times for 14 yards with a touchdown last week. He fumbled twice and lost one. The Chiefs have allowed the 7th most points against quarterbacks this season.

1. Bradford, Sam (QB, STL) – Bradford threw 255 yards with a touchdown (and one interception) against the Packers last week. Bradford is not elite, but he should be okay against the Patriots defense who has allowed the 5th most points against fantasy quarterbacks.

2. Hasselbeck, Matt (QB, TEN) – The Titans last week were all about Chris Johnson who ran 195 yards with two touchdowns. When the running game is going well, the passing game should go well also especially against the weak Colts defense. Both Johnson and Hasselbeck could do well this week.

3. Freeman, Josh (QB, TB) – Freeman threw 420 yards with three touchdowns and rushed twice for 9 yards last week against New Orleans. The Saints’ defense isn’t good, but still Freeman’s performance was outstanding. The Vikings’ defense should be more challenging, but Freeman should be decent again.

4. Green, Alex (RB, GB) – Green rushed 20 times for 35 yards and caught four passes for 29 yards last week. Not an impressive day, but that was because Rodgers did all the work last week. The Jaguars’ running defense is the third worst in NFL and Green should be productive this week.

5. Ballard, Vick (RB, IND) – Ballard rushed 20 times for 84 yards and caught one pass for 19 yards last week. The Colts are facing the Titans in Week 8. Tennessee has allowed the 4th most points against the running backs. Ballard should be decent.

6. Jennings, Rashard (RB, JAC) – Jennings carried 21 times for 44 yards with a touchdown and caught seven passes for 58 yards last week. He was utilized in both the rushing and passing game. Jennings now has a lot of value with Maurice Jones-Drew out for a while.

7. Stephens-Howling, LaRod (RB, ARI) – Stephens-Howling had an unexpected performance last week (104 rushing yards with a touchdown and 45 receiving yards). After a poor performance against the Bills, Stephens-Howling was a stud against the Vikings. However, now the Cardinals are facing the 49ers…. It is a touch matchup, but he is startable if the need is there.

8. Richardson, Daryl (RB, STL) – Although Steven Jackson scored last week, while Richardson didn’t, Richardson should get attention from fantasy owners. He rushed for 36 yards (decent 4.5 yards per carry) and caught three passes for 43 yards. Even if he doesn’t score, he puts up an okay number.

9. Avery, Donnie (WR, IND) – Avery caught four passes for 46 yards and was targeted six times last week. Avery keeps showing potential, but he isn’t quite a stud yet. The Colts have a favorable matchup against the weak Titans passing defense, and Avery should be good to go.

10. Cobb, Randall (WR, GB) – Cobb caught eight passes for 89 yards with two touchdowns. While Greg Jennings is out, Cobb has been outstanding. He is going to be fine against the Jaguars this week.

11. Gordon, Josh (WR, CLE) – Gordon caught two passes for 59 yards with a touchdown last week and was targeted a team-high ten times. He has scored in three straight weeks and should be decent against the Chargers this week.

12. Miller, Heath (TE, PIT) – Miller caught six passes for 53 yards with a touchdown and was targeted eight times last week. The Redskins have allowed the second most points against tight ends, so Miller is likely to score again this week.

13. Keller, Dustin (TE, NYJ) – Keller caught seven passes for 93 yards with a touchdown last week. The quarterback Mark Sanchez threw enough to make Keller outstanding. Now, the Jets are hosting the Dolphins at home and Keller could score again.

14. San Diego Chargers D/ST – Against Cleveland Browns with questionable Trent Richardson. No more explanation is needed.

15. Detroit Lions D/ST – The Lions have done okay at home and the Seahawks’ offense isn’t that great.

16. New York Jets D/ST – The Jets’ performance at home has been outstanding except for Week 4 against the 49ers. Besides that, they have done great against the Bills, the Texans, and the Colts. The Jets’ D/ST should be top 5 this week.