Buy/Sell Suggestions for Week 8 in Fantasy Football

Time to buy-low

1. McFadden, Darren (RB, OAK) – McFadden carried 19 times for 53 yards and caught four passes for 28 yards last week. He hasn’t been as great as people expected so far, but McFadden has a favorable matchup for the rest of the season except for the week 10 against the Ravens. Based on the matchups, he could be a top 5 running back by the end of the season.

2. Turner, Michael (RB, ATL) – Turner didn’t do so well in Week 6 thanks to Matt Ryan and his 3 interceptions. The Falcons have an easy schedule for the rest of the season and Turner should be productive.

3. Nicks, Hakeem (WR, NYG) – Nicks has been on the sideline due to an injury, but he is still a top-notch wide receiver. He hasn’t done much so far except for Week 2 against the Buccaneers, but Nicks should be great as moving forward.

4. Britt, Kenny (WR, TEN) – Britt only caught four passes for 30 yards. The Titans were more into the running game last week. There is no way Johnson will be as productive for the rest of the season, keeping the passing game alive. Britt should be a decent option.

5. Newton, Cam (QB, CAR) – Newton is facing the touch Bears defense this week and he isn’t likely going to do well, but after that, the panthers have easier matchups. Time to buy Newton this week or next week before he puts up a huge number!

6. Lloyd, Brandon (WR, NE) – Lloyd disappeared last week; he caught one pass for 6 yards but was targeted as much as Gronkowski and Welker. Lloyd should bounce back this week.

Time to sell

1. Ridley, Steavan (RB, NE) – Ridley hasn’t done much since Week 5 because the New England offense has been passing more of late. Ridley’s value isn’t going to get better than this as the Patriots focusing on a passing game.

2. Spiller, CJ and Jackson, Fred (RB, BUF) – The Bills don’t have a tough matchup except for the week 9 against the Texans, but still it is hard to trust a running back who shares carries.

3. Johnson, Calvin (WR, DET) – Johnson is great. He is still going to be productive, but not as much as his name value suggests. Stafford and the Lions’ offense haven’t been efficient and this affects Johnson’s value.

Would rather not start this week if better options are available

1. Newton, Cam (QB, CAR) – The Bears defense has been too amazing. It is hard to start Newton even though he is a great quarterback.

2. Richardson, Trent (RB, CLE) – He is still suffering from a rib injury and is questionable against the Chargers. It is too risky even though the Chargers defense isn’t outstanding.

3. Fitzgerald, Larry (WR, ARI) – The 49ers passing defense is too good. Fitzgerald is still going to catch some, but don’t expect too much from him, at least for this week.