NFL Preview: Week 11

Bears at Dolphins

With fellow quarterbacks Chad Henne and Chad Pennington injured, Tyler Thigpen will start for the Dolphins, who have been somewhat of a disappointment this season. The Bears, on the other hand, have been a surprisingly competitive team. Chicago’s tough defense will have its way with the vulnerable Thigpen, leading Cutler and Co. to an important victory.       

Bears 23, Dolphins 13

Bills at Bengals

The Bengals may be the most underachieving team in the NFL. Coming into this season, they had a lot of potential, but they have managed to erase any optimism in Cincinnati. That said, they should be able to eek out a win against the 1-8 Bills. 

Bengals 16, Bills 14

Lions at Cowboys 

Interim head coach Jason Garrett led the Cowboys to their biggest win of the season last week over the Giants in the Meadowlands. There may be a contract in Garrett’s future if he keeps this up. This week presents a good opportunity to continue the path to redemption for America’s Team. 

Cowboys 27, Lions 14

Redskins at Titans

Michael Vick utterly humiliated the Redskins last week, making the Eagles look like a legitimate Super Bowl contender and leading some to question Donovan McNabb’s role in Washington. It doesn’t get much easier this week, as Washington faces the Titans’ Randy Moss and Chris Johnson. 

Titans 30, Redskins 17

Cardinals at Chiefs

Many would expect the Chiefs to win this one. However, they are coming off a surprising blowout loss to the Broncos, and the Cardinals, while not one of the better teams in the league, have talent and are deceptively good. The Cards win in a close contest. 

Cardinals 17, Chiefs 16

Packers at Vikings

In all likelihood, this will be Brett Favre’s last shot at his former team, if it’s actually possible for him to retire. He came one pass shy of beating the Pack at Lambeau a few weeks ago, and Favre won’t disappoint in his final game against his now bitter rival. 

Vikings 28, Packers 21

Texans at Jets

If not for a miracle Hail Mary play, the Texans would have beaten the Jaguars last week. The Jets, conversely, have been very fortunate in several of their wins. Sanchez has found his groove lately, but the Texans’ high-powered offense will hand the Jets a loss.

Texans 21, Jets 7

Raiders at Steelers

It is satisfying to see that the Raiders finally have a solid team. This week’s game will be a very good barometer to test their true potential. If they can beat a definite Super Bowl contender on its own turf, they will take a huge step forward.

Steelers 17, Raiders 10

Ravens at Panthers

The Ravens seem like such a sure-pick in this matchup that it’s tempting to pick the Panthers in an upset. It’s good to go with instincts in this game, though. Expect the Ravens to dominate the Panthers. 

Ravens 33, Panthers 6

Browns at Jaguars

Peyton Hillis literally came out of nowhere and burst onto the NFL stage this season. The Browns have played pretty well this season despite recording only three wins. The steady play of Colt McCoy and Hillis’ prowess will carry them to a victory this weekend. 

Browns 14, Jaguars 13

Buccaneers at 49ers

One would almost expect these teams’ records to be flipped considering the predictions going into this season. Instead, the Bucs have six wins while the 49ers have only three. However, Troy Smith has flourished in his brief career as a starter, and having Frank Gore in the backfield always helps. 

49ers 24, Bucs 14

Seahawks at Saints

It’s hard to bet against Drew Brees, and considering the fact that the Saints will be playing at home and are coming off a bye week, it’s almost impossible to pick against the reigning Super Bowl champs. But let’s do it anyway. Pete Carroll’s bunch will notch its biggest triumph of the season in a stunner.

Seahawks 37, Saints 34

Falcons at Rams

Sam Bradford is reminiscent of a younger Matt Ryan; both are calm, composed signal-callers mature well beyond their years. That is what makes this game intriguing. The Falcons are too sound of a team overall, however, for the inexperienced Rams to trick them.

Falcons 20, Rams 12

Colts at Patriots 

It’s that time of year again. The most-anticipated matchup seemingly every season is upon us once more. Manning vs. Brady is just about as good as it gets. The Colts have seemed a little off this year, while the Patriots, despite a few bumps, have looked like a team with a bright playoff future. 

Patriots 30, Colts 21

Giants at Eagles

As foreboding as Michael Vick and the Eagles may seem, the Giants are actually in a nice position right now; they’re coming off of a disappointing loss and will be very motivated, while the Eagles cannot possibly play as well as they did last week. The NFL has been full of parity this season, which helps the Giants’ chances. 

Giants 23, Eagles 21

Broncos at Chargers 

A major turnaround could begin with a win this weekend for the Chargers. The Broncos are a long shot for the playoffs, but it’s not impossible for them to rebound. Depending on whether their offense shows up or not, Denver could make this a competitive game or let it turn into blowout defeat. However, Phillip Rivers at home is hard to bet against. 

Chargers 41, Broncos 21