NFL Preview: Week 10

Ravens at Falcons 

This clash of 6-2 division leaders on Thursday night should be a good one. Atlanta is undefeated at home. The Ravens bring a smash-mouth style of play and workmanlike attitude that are the reasons for their success, and these characteristics are what come through in tough games like the one they will face in Atlanta.

Ravens 17, Falcons 13

Lions at Bills

Matthew Stafford is out with a separated shoulder, meaning Shaun Hill will start. Despite their winless record, the Bills have played tough, losing four of their games by a combined 14 points. Buffalo also has a top-ten pass defense, which is important considering the Lions have been impressive through the air this season. Buffalo will keep it close, but the Lions will prevail in a matchup of underappreciated teams. 

Lions 23, Bills 20

Vikings at Bears 

Despite a much-needed thrilling overtime win over the Cardinals in which Brett Favre threw for a career-high 446 yards, the Vikings are still in a bad place, with multiple players voicing their frustration with the leadership of Brad Childress. The Vikings, who have not won on the road in the regular season since Nov. 1 of last season, will break their spell of homesickness and perhaps buy Childress a little more time in Minnesota. 

Vikings 31, Bears 21

Jets at Browns 

Rex’s bunch was in a funk last week against Detroit but somehow regained themselves and left Motown with a win. The Browns, on the other hand, shocked NFL fans by thumping the Patriots. All Colt McCoy has done in his young career is defeat the Saints and the Pats on the road. Cleveland’s magic will run out this week, however. 

Jets 17, Browns 6

Panthers at Buccaneers

The Panthers’ only win this season came against the lowly 49ers, while Josh Freeman is opening eyes with his play in the Bay. The Buccaneers will bounce back after suffering a disappointing defeat to the Falcons last week. 

Bucs 28, Panthers 7

Texans at Jaguars

The 4-4 Texans have cooled off quite a bit after winning three of their first four games this season. The Jaguars, besides beating the Colts, haven’t really established their credibility yet this season. They will with a big win this week. 

Jags 20, Texans 17

Bengals at Colts

After a heartbreaking loss to the Steelers in a game that could have revived their season, the Bengals are desperate for redemption, even though they are 2-6 with little hope of making the playoffs. The Colts are looking to avenge their tough loss to Michael Vick and the Eagles. Peyton Manning rarely loses twice in two weeks. 

Colts 35, Bengals 13

Titans at Dolphins

Vince Young, Chris Johnson and Randy Moss is quite a trio, and the opportunities for Tennessee are very bright considering the attention Moss will attract. His presence will surely ease the burden on Johnson and open doors for other receivers to flourish. The Dolphins are in a state of uncertainty, recently announcing they are benching Chad Henne in favor of Chad Pennington. 

Titans 31, Dolphins 20

Chiefs at Broncos

Denver fans may want to avoid this game. The Chiefs, who field the number one rushing offense in the league, are licking their chops in anticipation of facing the second-worst rush defense in all of the land. The one-two punch of Thomas Jones and Jamaal Charles will simply be too much for the Broncos. 

Chiefs 28, Broncos 10

Cowboys at Giants

Surprisingly, the Cowboys played well in the last matchup of these fierce rivals. Jason Garrett, who is the interim head coach after the firing of Wade Phillips, could make his mark early with a victory. The Giants will be too tough, though, as they are the division leaders and are playing at home. 

Giants 32, Cowboys 19

Seahawks at Cardinals

Pete Carroll’s first season leading the Seahawks has been erratic. The Seahawks beat the Chargers and Bears but were pounded by the Giants, Rams and Broncos. Their head-scratching performance will continue this week with a somewhat surprising loss. 

Cardinals 13, Seahawks 10

Rams at 49ers 

In all honesty, the 49ers should have at least two more wins; they have been very unfortunate this season. Meanwhile, Sam Bradford has fared pretty well in his rookie campaign. This game is a must-win if Bradford and the Rams hope to stay on top in the NFC West. 

Rams 20, 49ers 10

Patriots at Steelers

The marquee matchup of the week pits a wounded giant against an always-formidable powerhouse in New England. As in almost all big games, turnovers will probably decide this one. The Steelers have a slight edge because they are playing at home. 

Steelers 24, Patriots 21

Eagles at Redskins 

Michael Vick is playing as well as any quarterback in the league at this point, while Donovan McNabb has been questioned for his fitness. McNabb will have plenty of motivation to deliver in his second matchup against his old team. 

Redskins 30, Eagles 21