Minnesota Badgers emerge front-runners in all Big Ten sports

We love Goldy the Badger
Photo: Kileigh Carpenter, Tweet: GopherHole.com

News came out of Minneapolis Sunday when a new joint collegiate team leaked their new apparel.

A onesie bearing the phrase “Minnesota Badgers” appeared at a Target. This image entered on Twitter that day.

Yes, it is true. The University of Wisconsin and the University of Minnesota, both down on athletic funding, have mutually agreed to combine their athletic teams into one — the Minnesota Badgers.

Undoubtedly, Wisconsin got the short end of the stick, (Wisconsin isn’t even in the name!) but not all is lost in this new tradition. Goldy is effectively eliminated with this move, along with all of his dumb tweets.

Those shorts? Disgusting.

Sadly, the cardinal and white will be retired with this move, to the detriment of our competitor, The Daily Cardinal. But, we here at The Badger Herald are unaffected by the change.

The Herald predicted the news with its recent feature on the Minnesota Badgers, released on stands and online today.

An axe to grind

Overall, many are confused by the change, but receptive.

The new Badgers are projected to beat the Buckeyes next year in football and probably still lose every other basketball game.