Sundays are always the most peaceful days of the week, but even more so for the Clay Collective.

Throwing clay is a great way to wake up on a lazy Sunday, especially for someone like me who has no idea what they are doing.

Hosting their meetings right next to the Kohl Center at the Art Loft, the small group of friends have a huge space to work on anything clay related.

Riley Steinbrenner/The Badger Herald

In Da Club: Jiu Jitsu club beat me up for my lunch moneyFinally, after the first two editions of this column, I was able to get a club to kick the living

Splattered with lumps of clay that are way too creative for me to decipher, the workshop has everything ranging from misshapen-looking tiny humans to an incredibly detailed dragon — all made from pinching and throwing tactics.

Pinching and throwing must be incredibly therapeutic because when the club met to figure out details, it couldn’t have been any tamer. Planning a trip to the National Council in Education and Ceramic Arts in Portland, the Clay Collective had the smoothest budget meeting in the history of all budget meetings.

Riley Steinbrenner/The Badger Herald

In Da Club: Hitting the Michelle Kwan with UW figure skatingGetting the opportunity to practice with the the University of Wisconsin figure skating team was rough. Not quite Tonya Harding

Even while the monks of the clay collective work out budget issues (get it, because they’re calm), members move about the studio and promptly work on their own projects. Art student Mark Turner checked on his work in the kiln — he had more than 200 pieces of work roasting as the meeting went on.

Looking into the kiln and feeling the intense heat, one can see there are five cones that act as timers.

“They melt at specific rates and you know it’s done when they are at their certain points,” said Turner.

Riley Steinbrenner/The Badger Herald

In Da Club: Hypnotiq dance crew made my booty drop so low it fell offEditor’s note: Having trouble choosing the right club to join? Badger Herald Banter Editor Dan Chinitz’s new series In Da

Before going in the kiln, it is typical to paint the clay using underglaze to make it more lifelike, Clay Collective member Laura Williams explained as she pinched what would become a sheep-person made from clay.

The Clay Collective must know how to “throw” a good party, because their members are all happy to be involved in the calmest club on campus.

Riley Steinbrenner/The Badger Herald