Movies postponed due to COVID-19 may premiere soon

Here are five movies with postponed release dates due to coronavirus
jacook11 from Creative Commons

A few uninterrupted months alone at home forces one to consider trying new things. Some of us tried banana bread recipes, others turned to new at-home workout regimens, while the majority of us have resorted to simply plopping on the couch and binging the shows we never had time for. 

The longevity of the coronavirus pandemic has simply proved persistent. Globally, safety precautions have attempted to slow the spread of the virus. 

While our hours sitting in front of the television have surely increased, the pandemic has halted the production of hit programs in an effort to keep casts and crews safe. Many highly anticipated blockbuster films simply can not be fully enjoyed without the big screen experience.

Kanye’s new album may be delayed once again

Here is the list of movies that have unfortunately postponed production due to the coronavirus pandemic —

Mulan 

Original release date — March 27, 2020

New release date — September 4, 2020 (exclusively on Disney+, for $29.99)

Disney’s live-action rendition of Mulan was set to release in late March, but the release date has since been pushed back due to COVID-19.

The live-action remake of the original 1998 animated classic features a young Chinese woman Hua Mulan who steps in the place of her ailing father in order to serve the Imperial Army against Northern invaders.

A Quiet Place Part II 

Original release date — March 2020

New release date — April 23, 2021

The chilling sequel to the post-apocalyptic thriller featuring John Krasinski and Emily Blunt was originally set to release in March, but has since been pushed back to September.

A Quiet Place II will expand upon the established tale of a world in which any degree of volume is an immediate death sentence. Together Krasinski and Blunt attempt to keep their family safe as they navigate the perils of this brutal way of life. 

A prospective look at upcoming, Oscar-worthy films

Wonder Woman 1984

Original release date — June 2020

New release date — October 2, 2020

Originally set to release in early June, Wonder Woman 1984 has since been pushed back to be released in early October. The highly anticipated sequel will challenge protagonist Diana Prince as she navigates foes while reuniting with her love interest Steve Trevor. 

Candyman

Original release date — June 12, 2020

New release date — October 16, 2020

Candyman was scheduled to release in early June, but due to the coronavirus pandemic, has since been pushed back to mid-October.

Directed by Nia DiaCosta and written by Jordan Peele, this supernatural thriller features a visual artist determined to capture the myth of a supernatural killer that haunts the Cabrini-Green neighborhood of Chicago.

Black Widow 

Original release date — May 1, 2020

New release date — November 6, 2020

In March, Disney had initially postponed the film to an unspecified date, but since has released information that the movie is set to release in early November.

In the upcoming Black Widow film, Natasha Romanoff confronts her dark past as conspiracies spiral against her. Black Widow must face her demons and broken relationships in order to become an Avenger. 

Three movies coming out in 2020 you have to check out

The coronavirus pandemic has delayed the release of many anticipated blockbuster movies this summer. These delays, though slightly painful, ultimately ensure the safety and security of those involved with the production process, as well as those of us eager to enjoy these movies on a big screen with a big bucket of popcorn. 

Though there are elements of our lives that are vague for the unforeseen future, I hope I’ve at least provided you with some movies to look forward to.

Grab your calendars, do your background movie stalking and get excited to see these movies as soon as it’s safe to do so.