The recent outbreak of coronavirus has forced everyone to self-quarantine in their homes and practice social distancing. These measures require many of us to adjust our normal daily routines to accommodate long days spent inside.

Because of this, many of us are spending more time scrolling through our feeds and aching for entertainment.

Whether you have finished binge watching the shows you had always meant to watch, or you simply just want some suggestions, here are six media recommendations to check out during the quarantine. 

Examining three of the most overrated movies from the last decadeWhen considering entertainment, and more specifically film, decade-in-review pieces tend to thrive. It can remind people of and emphasize their Read…

Movie “Parasite”

On the first day of Spring Break, I went to see “Parasite” in theaters with my parents. Little did I know, theaters would close the next morning, but I am grateful to have seen it on the big screen. Directed by Bong Joon-ho, the movie introduces us to the Kim family as they individually start working for the illustrious Park family. Slowly the two families converge as the film forces audiences to consider the complexities of classism. This movie is available for purchase, and absolutely worth the money! 

Movie “Pete Davidson’s Alive from New York”

Need a laugh? Try Pete Davidson’s stand-up special “Alive from New York.” Davidson honestly talks about his past relationships, living with his mom and gives the audience a hilarious perspective on working at Saturday Night Live. Stream his special on Netflix. 

Tyler, the Creator calls Grammy win ‘backhanded compliment,’ local artist weighs inThe 2020 Grammy Awards saw lots of first-time winners taking the stage, a clean sweep from Billie Eilish and fan Read…

TV Show “I Am Not Okay With This”

If you like “Stranger Things,” check out “I Am Not Okay With This,” a Netflix original series that underscores the complexity of being a teenager, especially once protagonist Syd discovers her special powers. With the help of a few friends, she explores her powers, sexuality and her relentlessly adorable relationship with her little brother. 

TV Show “High Fidelity” 

Available on Hulu, “High Fidelity” explores the roller coaster that is experiencing real love. The show follows Rob, played by Zoë Kravitz, as she navigates the ways in which her most epic heartbreaks have shaped who she is. Kravitz owns her own record store and has great banter with her two best friends as together they explore great music, great bands and great beer. 

The state and worth of free movie streamingThese days, it’s incredibly easy to torrent, stream or download movies for free.  Yes—streaming any movie for free is illegal—but Read…

Music “3.15.20” by Childish Gambino

Childish Gambino surprised fans with the release of his fourth studio album “3.15.20.” “3.15.20” once again displays Gambino’s willingness to experiment with new sounds. The album confronts societal injustices and even serves as a soundtrack of sorts to the anxieties that we are facing through this pandemic. “3.15.20” is now streaming on all platforms. 

Music “After Hours” by The Weeknd

The Weeknd released his fourth studio album, “After Hours,” which features smash hit “Blinding Lights.” This album capitalizes on The Weeknd’s signature sound that pushes the boundaries of a given genre. His iconic break-up album feels suited to these troubled times. “After Hours” is now streaming on all platforms.