If your mom is anything like my mom, then she must be pretty cool. But, she tends to play the same three CD’s at just about every family holiday event. Not to say that I’m opposed to some throwback Justin Timberlake (I can recite every single Justin Timberlake lyric ever, thanks Mom), but everyone can benefit from some refreshing new beats.
Introducing family members to new music is a great way to reconnect after this long semester apart and let loose. That is why I formulated a selection of songs that contain old school funky beats, new age rap, country and even some tasteful EDM. You are guaranteed to find a song that both you and your mom will agree on.
- Unique (feat. Anderson .Paak) — GoldLink
- Die For You — The Weeknd
- My Love (feat. Major Lazer, WizKid, Dua Lipa) — Wale
- House Party — Sam Hunt
- Alive (feat. Coucheron) — Kehlani
- Across The Room (feat. Leon Bridges) — ODESZA
- Sky Walker (feat. Travis Scott) — Miguel
- Rather Be with You (Mechatok Remix) — Sinead Harnett
- Last Kiss — OverDoz.
- Calling All My Lovelies — Bruno Mars
- Some — Steve Lacy
- Fall In Love (feat. Ciscero) — GoldLink