For those of us who are living vicariously through our friend’s Instagrams, while they study abroad and we remain behind, we can find solace and distraction in music. Maybe instead of aimlessly scrolling through Facebook and Instagram, silently wiping away the tears that spill out of the corners of our eyes, we can put in some earbuds.
It is through these magical earpieces we can hear different styles of music that come from and are inspired by the tastes of other countries, though all of the songs on this playlist are in English (perhaps stemming from my own lack of musical knowledge).
So, while we remain, trudging through piles of snow and falling flat on our asses from the plethora of sidewalk ice, at least we might have some music to soften the blow.
Hitlist: Syllabus week got you down? Cheer up with these tunesAs the new semester begins, already students are feeling particularly overwhelmed by intimidating syllabi, sold-out books or early-as-hell papers. This Read…
- “Good Girl” — Aquilo
- “All I Need” — Cape Club
- “Shelter Song” — Temples
- “Springful” — Adult Jazz
- “Sweep Me off My Feet” — Pond
- “Sense” — King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
- “The Moment” — Tame Impala
- “Taro” — alt-J
- “The Fear” — Ben Howard
- “Isaac” — Bear’s Den
- “Strong” — London Grammar
- “Yes I’m Changing” — Tame Impala
- “The Wire” — HAIM
- “Iron” — Woodkid
- “Nothing to Worry About” — Peter Bjorn and John
- “What You Know” — Two Door Cinema Club
- “Always Like This” — Bombay Bicycle Club
- “Bloodflood” — alt-J
- “Bridgeburn” — Little Comets
- “Hey Now” — London Grammar