Rising Sons offers full package of fast, authentic, delicious Asian fusion

Fast: check. Big portions: check. Friendly, fast service: double check.

It is more than likely that many have walked right past the unassuming, hole-in-the-wall Rising Sons Deli, located on State Street.

While their street presence may seem muted, once ventured inside, Rising Sons transforms into an inviting eatery with cozy booths and tables big enough to comfortably seat larger parties.

The highly descriptive menu offers an unbeatable variety of Thai and other Asian-inspired dishes complete with pictures of each dish for additional reference. It is easy to tell what is being ordered — no surprises. Do remember to bring dollars, however, because Rising Sons is a cash-only establishment.

OM brings diners into peaceful, culinary state

The eatery offers a wide variety of food options ranging from appetizers to soups to curries to stir-fried noodle dishes. They are also always willing to make substitutions, such as switching out chicken for tofu in the pad thai dish, making the dining experience for those with dietary restrictions stress free. The service is quick and the staff is professional without being too uptight.

Diners can expect to get a lot of bang for their buck at Rising Sons. The portions leave customers feeling full without being ready to explode.

The coconut chicken noodle soup, with tofu instead of chicken, was excellent. It came in a huge bowl complete with plenty of egg noodles and extra veggies on top. The broth had a kick to it, but did not burn going down and the coconut flavor was very present. It had clearly been made with heart.

The pad thai is also a crowd pleaser at Rising Sons, customizable with chicken, beef, tofu or veggies. The noodles are stir-fried to perfection with a delectable peanut sauce on the top. The curry squash dish was also a winner. It came with squash, broccoli, tofu and rice with a delicious red coconut curry sauce on top.

Rising Sons additionally has an extensive drink menu with imported Asian beers such as Tiger Beer as well as sweeter drinks like bubble tea, Thai iced tea and coffee.

Needless to say, there is something for everyone at Rising Sons.

Since few people seem to know about Rising Sons, there is also rarely a wait for a table and the efficient service gets customers in and out in a timely manner.

For a no-frills, fast, authentic and inexpensive meal, Rising Sons is a must.