I, a humble playlist maker, seem to be part of the minority who think this year’s lineup for Freakfest is dope.

While a lack of quality and diversity in artists may have been an issue with lineups in years past, the main problem with this year’s lineup seems to be a mere lack of recognition.

Though this year’s performers may not be mainstream household names — like some previous performers — they are so, so much better. Anderson .Paak is reason enough to attend this year’s event. The hybrid artist just released a new amazing album with beat maker Knxwledge.

Anderson .Paak delivers on soulful, super-charged MalibuWith his extremely impressive album Malibu, Anderson .Paak has proven that R&B is still very much alive and well, and that Read…

The rest of the bill is great too, especially the local stage. Featured are four of Madison’s best rappers, including Mic Kellogg, Lucien Parker, Trapo and Rich Robbins, who all have the potential to headline Freakfest one day.

Before you complain again to your friends about not going to this year’s Freakfest, I implore you to check out this playlist. It will surprise you.

2016 Freakfest Lineup is stackedFreakfest’s 2016 lineup has been announced, and it’s a doozy. This year’s list of acts is quality from top to Read…