Hitlist: A playlist to defend this year’s Freakfest lineup

You’re wrong if you think the lineup is bad
Herald archives

I, a humble playlist maker, seem to be part of the minority who think this year’s lineup for Freakfest is dope.

While a lack of quality and diversity in artists may have been an issue with lineups in years past, the main problem with this year’s lineup seems to be a mere lack of recognition.

Though this year’s performers may not be mainstream household names — like some previous performers — they are so, so much better. Anderson .Paak is reason enough to attend this year’s event. The hybrid artist just released a new amazing album with beat maker Knxwledge.

https://badgerherald.com/artsetc/2016/01/25/anderson-paak-delivers-on-soulful-super-charged-malibu/

The rest of the bill is great too, especially the local stage. Featured are four of Madison’s best rappers, including Mic Kellogg, Lucien Parker, Trapo and Rich Robbins, who all have the potential to headline Freakfest one day.

Before you complain again to your friends about not going to this year’s Freakfest, I implore you to check out this playlist. It will surprise you.

https://badgerherald.com/artsetc/2016/09/01/2016-freakfest-lineup-is-stacked/