Local artist blends consciousness with catchiness on new LP

With impressive production, Sincere Life impresses on self-titled

On his latest LP, Sincere Life has zigged where many hip hop artists have zagged.

Ignoring paths taken by many emcees today, Madison’s Sincere Life instead revisits rap that may have been more popular a few years ago, and gives it a fresh look.

With thoughtful lyrics and intriguing beats Sincere Life forms a conscious rap sound that can still get heads bumping — something many artists fail to accomplish often.

Two local hip-hop staples team up on ‘Hello (Who Is This?)’

On other tracks he does get with the times, however, spitting still clever lyrics over more contemporary trap beats.

These tracks make up the middle portion of the album, and while strong, the bookends of the album consist of more instrumental, cerebral tracks where Sincere Life really shines.

On “Smoke To” he raps cooly, over a slow, guitar-heavy beat. The highlight of the album, however, is “For Hip-Hop,” where he returns to the genre’s roots.

Over a jazzy and key driven beat, he contemplates the status of his own life and the hip-hop scene. It’s a perfect song for late night drives.

The 26-year old rapper has officially arrived with his self-titled project. Let’s see where he goes from here.