New music festival will add indie to mix in Northern Wisconsin

Members of Bon Iver, the National will curate two day festival in Eau Claire, Wis.
Photo courtesy of Daniel Jordahl, Wikipedia user
Bon Iver at Stockholm, Sweden

Presale tickets will be available for purchase tomorrow for an Eau Claire, Wisconsin indie rock festival curated by Wisconsin’s own indie rock artist Justin Vernon of Bon Iver and Aaron Dessner of the National.

The festival, called Eaux Claire, will run from July 17-18 within view of the Chippewa River at the same grounds used for Country Jam– a location very important to Vernon. After touring festivals around the world, he wants to honor the attitude of Eau Claire and be able to share his music and new work in a location close to home, Vernon said in a statement.

https://badgerherald.com/artsetc/2011/12/11/bon-iver-in-wistful/#.VJIO5WTF8Sg

According to the Star Tribune, Vernon and Dessner partnered with Crashline Productions, a concert promoter based in New York, to put on the festival. Crashline puts together Boston Calling festival, a smaller indie, underground alternative to big festivals like Lollapolooza and Coachella.

Their permits allow a capacity of 25,000 people, two stages and a main tent. Overnight camping will be available at the site, according to the Star Tribune.

Eaux Claire will not release a set lineup until early 2015, but special presale tickets will be available Thursday, Dec. 18, at noon CST for their lowest price.

“We’re fortunate, because the Chippewa Valley has a history of great music festivals. Everyone—the city, the county, the Country Jam folks— has been very supportive,” Vernon said in a press release. “They’re helping us take it beyond music into a celebration of film, art and things still in the works… just walking around the place is going to be an experience.”

In a statement, Dessner said they have been working together to create and curate Eaux Claire for a long time and he is similarly excited to see the project come together.