Hump Day: Here’s how to watch and access porn safely

Welcome to spring semester, Badgers, and a special welcome to the new transfers out there! Your lovely Hump Day ladies, Elizabeth and Katherine, are here to provide you with the answers to your most pressing sexy questions.

A few days ago, one of the writers was approached by a friend requesting information about how to access pornography and erotica online in a way that minimized the risk of endless pop-ups and viruses. It was shocking, since it’s easy to assume that everyone has viewed pornography online by the time they enter college. Our second reaction was to answer, “just Google it.” However, we decided that this question is probably one many people have, even if they have accessed porn online before. So what do we say about online pornography? First, let’s examine the pros and cons of porn and erotica in general.

Accessing pornography and erotica can provide many benefits to couples and single people alike. If you’re alone, finding a partner to join you in sexy time might sound too exhausting no matter how horny you are. But some also find it hard—pun intended—to get off on their own without some extra stimulation. Luckily, anyone can instantly fulfill his or her needs for a little extra something in the bedroom through the power of the Internet. You have access to it from the comfort of your own bed without stress. Porn and erotica also has the potential to add that extra “wow” to a relationship by providing material for couples to watch together. By doing this, couples can brainstorm new ideas to bring into the bedroom, such as anal play, using toys or even positions they’ve never have tried or heard of. This is an added bonus for anyone who accesses porn because he or she may discover new tricks to bring into the bedroom with any partners they may have.

Now, it is important to remember that, despite the many benefits pornography and erotica have, there are also potential risks to be aware of. You should never use porn as your only source of information. Pornography can be very misleading because it leaves out many details. It is important to remember that, just like any other film or TV show, there’s quite a bit of illusion and acting that takes place in pornography. Porn rarely shows the use of lubrication, contraceptives or the props used to help them get into some very unrealistic positions. Always do your research on anything new. Another thing to think about is the so-called female-friendly pornography and erotica that can actually be harmful. This is because women may feel pressure to conform to the idea that that is the only type of porn they should watch, and if they like porn outside of the “female-friendly” realm then there is something wrong with them. Realistically, women—as well as anyone else—can be attracted to a variety of porn. Lastly, keep in mind that pornography, just like anything else, has the potential to become addictive. Just remember to be a critical viewer!

Now, where do you find pornography? As we said above, Googling it will surely lead you to something that will get you off. However, a simple Google search of the word “porn” gave us more than 385,000,000 results. So the real question here is, how do you find the porn that tickles your particular kinks while avoiding those sketchy websites that will destroy your computer? Follow the advice below and you will quickly become a professional porn surfer.

Don’t download

You can find clips of porn all over the internet for free or you can purchase legitimate copies. Downloading from dubious file share websites is just begging for trouble and not the fun kind. Besides, who actually needs full-length films? If you aren’t done by the time the clip is, simply choose another one and keep going.

Don’t click on ads

If any pop-ups do appear, do not click them. If ads on the side promise hours of great porn, don’t click them. Not sure? Just don’t click it.

Pop-up blockers are your friends

They are useful for many things, from skipping annoying ads on YouTube videos to easing the navigation of porn sites. They will also reduce your chance at clicking on dangerous links.

Explore

There are specialty sites out there for every type of porn. If you can think of any fetish, chances are there is some kind of porn for it.

So what are our recommendations? PornHub (link NSFW) receives an A-plus rating in our book due to its extensive list of categories which cover all different tastes. They have even donated money from some of their views to breast cancer awareness! If videos aren’t your thing or you want to try something new, check out some fantastic erotica at Literotica (or even write your own!) Literotica has some fantastic writers creating stories for people with all sorts of fetishes and kinks, and you can get sucked in for hours. Finally, please wipe your history, especially with search engines saving your frequent search queries. No need for the person behind you in lecture seeing what you search for at night. (Check out Chrome’s incognito mode as well; it was pretty much invented for accessing porn on the down-low.)

That’s it for this week, Badgers! Until next time, grab a cuddle buddy to keep warm and stay safe and sexy.