Mike Stud brings frat party to High Noon

A night filled with loud party bangers, college girls “getting low” and beer showers ended with a stage of empty bottles and a pull circle to finish off the last of the Ciroc.

Mike Stud, who passed by the High Noon Saloon Wedneday, is on the road for his nationwide Relief Tour—living out the college lifestyle but with less classes and a lot more attention.  While he mentioned that this concert’s turnout was quite a bit smaller than some of his previous stops, the fans who did show up were obviously ecstatic, chanting his name even before the first opening act. This smaller, more involved group gave the show an intimate feel that lead to quite a bit of fan interaction from the performers. During the set, Stud took song suggestions, switched hats with a crowd member in order to sport an old school UW lid and and tried to give out beer before finding out a fan was underage.

Mike Stud is also known to affect the ladies. This was evident before Mike Stud even stepped on the stage. During opener Michael Medall’s set, two girls were brought up on stage to Harlem Shake, which turned into a brief girl-on-girl grind session. The next performer, IamG, brought another girl onto the stage, who also shook what her mama gave her. One can only imagine what would’ve happened if Stud followed suit.

With a setlist like Stud’s, it’s clear he’s aware of his influence on girls. Throughout the night he mainly pulled songs from his newest album, Relief, and his mixtape Sunday Stud Tape. Most of these songs contain themes of overt sexuality. Put those words behind a good-looking former college athlete, and it’s not hard to see why these girls get worked up.

The concert’s vibe felt like a good group of friends raging on a stage in front of a couple hundred fellow frat guys and gals. Stud and his buddies often took breaks between songs to reach in their cooler and chug beers while the crowd cheered like any good partygoer would. Blue, Stud’s childhood friend and alcoholic hypeman, drank to the brink of vomiting onstage and had to switch to water for some time.

The entire show, from beginning to end, consisted of a high volume of fan participation, but it didn’t just stop with the show. Before leaving the stage, Stud urged fans to see him afterwards, invite him to house parties, or meet him at the bars. As cameraman Jon Kilmer said in last year’s Midwest edition of “Touring’s Boring” video, “It’s no longer a Mike Stud concert, it’s a Mike Stud fuckin’ party.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mwxAyaZYSw