Bluegrass festival to fill two days at Majestic

This Friday and Saturday, bluegrass bands from all over the Midwest will perform at one venue, the Majestic Theatre. Though the time has passed to snag a two-day pass, individual tickets for each night are $12 in advance or $15 at the door. As bluegrass is growing in popularity, the festival is a chance to get a taste of different takes on the genre.

Headlining both nights of the festival is the Whiskey Rodgers’ Galactic String Band from Illinois.
Listen to their covers of a Steve Miller and Harry Belafonte song here.

Also performing both nights is Horseshoes and Hand Grenades from Stevens Point. The band performed in Madison a few times in the past year, often opening for other bands in the genre.
The band describes its sound as “progressive high-energy old-time music.” Check out this video of the band performing “River High” at the High Noon Saloon here

Exclusive to Night One: 

EverGreen Grass Band

Hailing from Eau Claire, EverGreen Grass Band has played shows all over the Midwest. For a better idea of their music, they have several songs available to stream here.

Insomniac Gypsy 

This Wisconsin band will start of the first night of the festival. The band uses more string instruments than your average bluegrass band; check it out here

Exclusive to Night Two:

The Tillers

Cincinnati Americana band The Tillers have played shows all over the country, and will stop by Madison Saturday. Check out a video performance.

The Material Boys

This local band is known for performing Madonna songs with a bluegrass twist. No verified music was found online, so check out the festival to hear their tunes.